The use of essential oils in everyday life dates back to 4500 BC, in everything from perfumes to medicinal and ceremonial purposes. Throughout history essential oils have been used for their health-promoting properties.
There are few luxuries as pleasing and simple as relaxing and massaging with fragrant aromatic oils. There are also even fewer enjoyable healing remedies that are as enticing as the pure plant essences known as essential oils. Different oils can be used to accomplish different things, to relax, rejuvenate, soothe, stimulate or do more. All the oils encourage a wonderful feeling of well-being - use them simply to create a mood and indulge your senses.
Pure Living Essentials offers Young Living Essential Oils® that are sourced from the world's finest plants, so they can be used aromatically, applied topically, or taken internally. Young Living's essential oils are not diluted with chemical and synthetic additives and are carefully prepared to maintain plant integrity. This commitment to quality, purity, and efficacy has produced an exceptional essential oil and oil-enhanced product line that offers amazing new products and wonderful specials, with community and member benefits. With such a high quality product standard and client care that exceeds expectations, Pure Living Essentials takes pride and pleasure in being able to work with its' supplier, Young Living, in order to provide our clients with this outstanding line of products in today's world. We offer you a natural, healthy personal health care line, that can be routinely used and integrated in to one's quality of life, and for some who choose, to additionally be able to offer an opportunity to take advantage of even more.
Carefully cultivated, steam distilled and always 100% pure, the extensive collection of extraordinary essential oils offered are life-enhancing gifts from the plant kingdom, revered for centuries for their restorative properties. As a global leader in the development of nature's purest healthcare products, Young Living Essential Oils® offer unique solutions for cultivating formulations based on the wisdom of ancient traditions and the best of modern science, to be most effective in providing a vast product line that is now reemerging as a key solution to the challenges facing modern lifestyles.
Begin your journey in to the wonderful world of these extraordinary essential oils and enjoy the benefits that follow.
Pure Living Essentials cannot accept any responsibility for misadventure resulting from the use of essential oils or any other therapeutic recommendations mentioned within this website.
Discover the Red
NingXia Red® is a naturally delicious, nutrient-infused wolfberry drink. Drink it and discover a refreshing way to energize, fortify, and replenish.
NingXia Red® combines the finest whole Ningxia wolfberries, blueberries, raspberries, red grapes and lemon and orange essential oils. It contains fiber, protein, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. Drink it and enjoy:
- A powerful antioxidant-rich infusion.
- Ningxia wolfberries offer health, energy, and longevity benefits used for centuries.
- Nutrient-dense blueberry and pomegranate juices include a variety of antioxidants.
- Lemon and orange essential oils are rich in the antioxidant d-limonene, that promotes healthy liver function.*
- The highest levels of naturally occurring, age-defying S-ORAC activity available.
- S-ORAC helps support immune function, cardiovascular health, and nourishes the eyes.*
- Energy and stamina without stimulants, such as caffeine and guarana.
- Great taste with no sugary, nutrient-light juices, such as apple, white grape, pear, etc.
- Essential nutrients to help support normal cardiovascular function, normal eye health, normal cell growth, and healthy liver function.*
The History of NingXia Red®
Our Ningxia Wolfberries, or "goji", are tiny, red oblong berries, grown in the Ningxia province of China. The area is a silt water flood plain of the Yellow River and receives its water from the Himalayas mountain snow packs, that runs down through the foothills, where this water becomes an abundant source of organic nutrients, especially minerals, which are passed on to the Ningxia Wolfberry plant, in the valleys of the Ningxia region. This powerful antioxidant fruit has been valued in traditional Chinese medicine for it benefits to the eyes, liver and kidneys, as well as fortifying the "qi" (chi) or life force. Historical accounts, stories and ancient Chinese medical texts describe the Ningxia Wolfberry as a food and medical treasure trove, dating back as far as 5,000 years.
Today the Ningxia wolfberry is valued as being a vital source for maintaining health and wellness with its high levels of antioxidants, complete protein profile, and vast array of vitamins and minerals. We use this delicious, nutrient-dense fruit in our best-selling NingXia Red, Wolfberry Crisp Bars, Manna Bars, ImmuPro, Power Meal, and Balance Complete Essential Nutrition line. Within our Essential Living line of products, the anti-aging, moisturizing and skin-softening benefits of wolfberry seed oil enhance our skincare products, like Boswellia Wrinkle Cream and Wolfberry Eye Cream. The demand for real, sustainable health solutions has never been greater, with today's fast-paced lifestyles, demanding more energy, while our convenient, processed foods are producing less.
All this with only 19 calories per serving
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Drink Daily. For Health. For Life.
V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex
NingXia Red® is a favourite beverage for supplying a much-needed extra boost for health and life.
In today's toxic world with continual environmental assaults, there's an urgent need to rebuild, replenish, and fortify our bodies. The air we breathe, the water we drink, and the foods we eat, come with an excess of cell-damaging free radicals. This, along with a shortage of vital nutrients, due to depleted soils, makes NingXia Red a must-have for daily nourishment.
For health, for life, drink 1–2 ounces daily.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members.
THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS ON THE PLANET
We produce the best, most authentic essential oils in the world...
Using Essential Oils
The following how-to-use essential oils guide will show you how to experience their health-enhancing benefits:
Inhaling essential oils heightens the senses and can trigger numerous desired responses in the body. Follow these guidelines when using essential oils for inhalation:
- Inhale directly — simply smell them.
- Diffuse the oils using a diffuser, which disperses the oil in a micro-fine vapor into the air. The diffuser will not heat the oils, thus ensuring full benefits, as extreme heat can damage important constituents in the oil.
- Use with a humidifier. Put a tissue or small cloth, sprinkled with a few drops of oil, in front of the escaping steam. (Do not put essential oil in your humidifier. It will float on top of the water instead of rising with the water vapour and may cause damage to your humidifier.)
- Carefully pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of essential oil. Cover your head and bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly.
V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex
Topical application of many essential oils is safe and can offer an enjoyable, relaxing experience. For topical application, follow these simple steps:
- Carefully tip the oil bottle and place 2–3 drops in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application area.
- If dropping oil in your hand, rub palms together in a circular motion and then massage oil onto the desired point of application. If applying directly to the desired area, use your hand to massage the oil in a circular motion into the skin. Repeat if desired.
- Caution: Essential oils are very potent and some may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, immediately apply pure vegetable oil such as V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex to the area to dilute. Please read label directions for each individual oil before using.
Young Living Blue Agave
Many essential oils make excellent food flavourings or dietary supplements. To use essential oils for internal consumption, Young Living suggests these methods:
- Place several drops of oil into an empty capsule and swallow the capsule with water.
- Add 1–2 drops to a glass of water or rice milk.
- Put 1–2 drops onto a piece of bread or add to your meals when cooking.
- Add 1–2 drops onto a teaspoon of Young Living Blue Agave and swallow.
- Carefully drop 1 drop directly on to the tongue and swallow. Exercise extreme caution when using this method. Many essential oils are potent and should be tested by pouring a single drop onto a spoon and tasting a small portion to determine the amount of oil to be used.
Although many essential oils are safe to use, others are very strong and require to be diluted. Read product descriptions prior to purchasing, follow bottle label directions and if in doubt, do a patch test first, always using care not to apply essentials oils too close to eyes and sensitive areas. If you have health conditions, always follow the guidance of your chosen doctor, as some essential oils can aggravate certain conditions, such as high blood pressure, epilepsy or a neural disorder, and allergies and asthma, similarly, certain oils should be avoided during pregnancy. A true and therapeutic-grade, pure oil is very concentrated and only requires a tiny few drops to work its' wonders.
The use of nature's living energy, essential oils, in daily cooking, inspires us to try something new, yet has been around for a very long time.
Our Young Living essential oil products are based on ancient traditions and modern science, producing the highest quality essential oils and oil-enhanced products today. This is why you and your family can use them during everyday cooking, adding more flavour and much more to the food you eat.
Enjoy our cookbooks, the recipes and tips in these cookbooks, come from Young Living's Whispering Springs BBQ Smokehouse Grill, employees and Distributors, who share a passion for good health.
At the Young Living Farms, the soil and plants are carefully nurtured and protected, to provide pure essential oils, that are gently distilled, to ensure they enhance healthy lifestyles. When these essential oils are enjoyed in home-cooked meals, the aroma and taste delight the senses and satisfy the soul. Meals made with the finest ingredients, including Young Living products, are sure to help you and your family and guests, have a healthy body, invigorated mind and happy heart.
Pick some of our favourite and most popular essential oils for cooking and beverages:
| Blue Agave
NingXia Red juice
Our essential oils are delightful and fun to use in most everything, even canning and jams, but especially appetizers, main dishes, soups, salads, dressing, sauces, breads, rolls, stuffing, vegetables, beans, sandwiches, desserts, beverages and of course, herbal teas!
Basic Cooking with Essential Oils
Our essential oils complement any food. Here are simple tips to add more flavour and vitality to everyday food preparation ideas, explore these possibilities!
- Cinnamon essential oil has a sharper taste than cinnamon powder, offering the perfect touch to chicken, fruit, sweet potatoe, squash, breads, eggnog and fruit juices. As with all essential oils, remember, a little goes a long way.
- Basil, oregano and rosemary essential oils go well with italian dishes and liven up fish, vegetable soups and broth, savory breads, scrambled eggs, spreads and grains.
- Citrus oils like orange, lemon, tangerine and grapefruit, go well with chicken, seafood, fruits, vegetable salads, smoothies, bread, cake and cookies. Water enhances the bitterness of citrus oils, so use one drop in water-based mixtures to start and adjust slightly from there.
- Dill essential oil adds tanginess to potatoe, cucumber, tomatoe salads and coleslaw, along with fish, chicken, pasta and summer and winter vegetables taste amazing with a dash of dill.
- Thyme essential oil is fantastic in poultry gravy, clam chowder, gumbo, pasta, polenta, beets, green beans and egg dishes.
- For a refreshing change, include peppermint, spearmint and wintergreen oils in cold, ice or hot herbal teas.
Helpful Hints - Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- When essential oils are used alone, it's important not to heat essential oils beyond their flash point, so easily avoid this by lowering your stove top temperature, using essential oils with olive oil or other vegetable oils, or add the essential oils when the dish has been removed from the heat may be the best idea.
- The flavour of essential oils can dissipate over time, if dish was refrigerated, add oils to dish right before serving.
- We encourage the use of organic, natural ingredients, whenever possible.
*Thieves Wipes and Thieves Essential Oil Blend Spray are perfect cleaning companions to have on hand during and after food preparation time.
Essential Oil Ratios
A great place to start! Use essential oils in dishes that you know would be good with dried herbs, spices or fruit juices, simply try a companion essential oil. Essential oils have a stronger flavour than dried herbs and spices. There are approximately 60 drops of essential oil in 1 teaspoon of dried herbs and spices, but essential oils are so potent, you only require a small amount to be sufficient. Start with the least amount of essential oil and slightly increase a little, until the desired flavour is reached.
- The juice from 1 lemon,orange, tangerine or grapefruit, can be replaced with 10-15 drops of its companion essential oil.
- 1 tablespoon of marjoram, oregano, sage, rosemary, thyme, fennel, dill, black pepper or coriander, can be replaced with 1/2 - 1 drop of its companion oil.
- With dishes that call for less than 1 teaspoon of a herb or spice, dip a toothpick in the essential oil and swirl it in the recipe, to blend it in.
This method works well when using stronger essential oils, like cinnamon bark clove, ginger, nutmeg and oregano.
So delicious. So healthy. So Young Living Essential Oils.
All available here at Pure Living Essentials!
Source: Young Living Essential Oils, Young Living Cookbook, Volume 1 & 2, 2004.
Since ancient times, essential oils have been thought to benefit the body, mind, and spirit.
Old manuscripts tell of fragrances from plants as ingredients in charms and ceremonies, as well as in remedies, cosmetics and food. In the Middle Ages, in particular, monks cultivated herbs and discovered many of their restorative properties. They were among the first to distill precious plant essences, carefully blending them in to liqueurs to be administered to patients.
These concentrated pure plant extracts, revered from their fragrance and their therapeautic value, are what we term essential oils. The use of such oils is known as aromatherapy.
The reintroduction of essential oils into modern medicine first began during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Many essential oils have been extensively researched and are believed to have special properties, ranging from antiseptic to aphrodisiac in effect, promote relaxation, balance and pamper your senses. There are many ways to experience the benefits of essential oils, which involve either breathing in the enticing aromas, finding ones that you prefer, or that may offer some further benefits, or absorbing the oils through the skin, diluted or undiluted depending on the type of oil, and taking them internally according to the product label.
Always keep essential oils away from your eyes or directly in your ears or other delicate, sensitive areas. Depending on specific health conditions, for example, with asthma, the throat may be a sensitive area, especially with stronger oils. Consult with your health professional. Use them on the feet or other areas where the skin is less sensitive.
If you feel heat or discomfort from using an essential oil, putting a pure vegetable oil on it will "cool" it off within seconds. Immediate dilution is strongly recommended if skin becomes painfully irritated or if an oil accidentally gets into eyes. Only a small amount of V-6 Mixing Oil or any high-grade vegetable oil would be required to dilute the skin or eye. Avoid using water, as essential oils are not water soluble and water may cause them to penetrate more quickly.
Pay attention to specific notices on your oil bottle labels, you may see a recommendation not to go out in the sun after using certain oils, as one example.
If pregnant or have any other type of health condition, first consult with your doctor.
Essential oils that are intended for a bath or shower, first mix the essential oil with a dispersing agent, such as our Bath Gel Base or a mixture of bath salts.
If a child or infant swallows an essential oil, administer milk, Agave (TM), honey or other safe, oil-soluble liquid. If dilution does not provide relief, discontinue use and contact your health care professional. Keep safely away from children.